Tuesday, June 2, 2015
Why a blog?
I have been told many times to write a book about my experiences raising Hope. Not feeling that yet but a blog seems more do-able. My plan is to focus on the experiences of transitioning Hope from childhood to adulthood and someday living in her own home. As parents of a young adult with special needs, this is the thing husband Dan and I wrestle with the most. What will happen to Hope when we can no longer care for her? We are not alone in our worries - other parents we know have the same fears and worries and hopes that we do. I worry about her safety, emotional well being, health, hygiene, weight, behavior, friendships and social opportunities and finances. My mantra has been: "I know Hope will never live independently in the world but I pray that she will one day live independently of Dan and me...for her sake." That's the root of starting this blog. To figure it out. Maybe I'll help others too. There are many stories along the way in Hope's life to draw from so I'm sure I will frequently flash back to her beginning as a premie at UIHC and throughout her young life. Stay tuned.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment